July 27, 2011

week in the life - day 2

"If you reach for the stars all you get are the stars, but we've found a whole new spin. If you reach for the heavens you get the stars thrown in." - from Mary Poppins' "Anything Can Happen"

I kept 78 pictures for day 2.

I wasn't as good at writing details down on paper today. But, for this post I realized I could go back to my pictures and look at the time stamp on my photos. I'm taking enough through out the day that I can even fill in the blanks for when I wasn't taking pictures.

Tuesday, July 26
Photobucket
1) 7:48am - woke up to seeing these cute little feet in our bed, 2) Daniel starts working between 8 and 8:30, a sight I often wake up to, 3) 9:02 - time I actually got out of bed, 4) our living room first thing in the morning - not getting much better, 5) my messy desk is actually messier, 6) the kitchen is better than the morning before, but still needs more work - started cleaning the kitchen at 9:15, 7) Ethan received these building blocks for his first birthday and he still plays with them every once in a while, 8) often the first thing Emma does in the morning is play her DS, 9) 10:20am - still cleaning the kitchen, just loaded up the dishwasher.
Photobucket10) just before 11am - just finished cleaning the kitchen and made a pot of coffee for Daniel, 11) 11am - kids are eating their breakfast/lunch of left over spaghetti, plain w/ garlic salt, 12) 11:20am - eating my late breakfast of Almond Honey Bunches of Oats w/ banana and almond milk, 13) 11:20am - sitting down to check email and my daily morning blog checks, first up is always Becky Higgins because I'm always hopeful for new product sneak peeks, 14) 12pm - dishwasher is done, 15) 12:54 - left over pasta sauce, but no spaghetti so I made us pasta for lunch, 16) Daniel working thru the day - the top right corner of his computer screen is a movie or show, 17) you will often find lots of dirty dishes or remnants of what he eats on his desk, 18) 1:30 - the kids watching one of their favorite shows on Qubo - The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
19) we started the fan early today, 20) 1:51pm - only 77 degrees? feels warmer, 21) kids lounging around - I love when they lie next to each other "peacefully", 22) 3:23pm - poor little Ethan had a splinter on the bottom of his foot - Daniel trying to remove it, 23) 3:59pm - Emma practicing her "under water swimming", 24) 6:42pm - singing Happy Birthday to Gracie who turned seven today, 25) we have lots of pictures like this taken through the years - these girls are best friends, 26) 7:19pm - just arrived at the OC Performing Arts Center to see Mary Poppins! Grace's birthday gift, just us girls, 27) 7:33 - just before the show started, 28) 1:02am - moving Ethan back to his bed for the night, 29) bed time.

Filling in the blanks:

- From the time I got on the computer to check email/blogs I started working on this project, placing Monday's photos in a collage and uploading them to my blog. I spent way too long on it, but I think I was also trying to figure out how to best organize the post. I think its worth it though because I will use my blog to refer to for info once I start putting this project together next week.
- Ethan and Daddy picked up dinner from Pei Wei. Daddy says Ethan had three servings of his favorite, Chicken Fried Rice, and even had ice cream after. Ethan cried because he missed us.
- Mary Poppins was probably over at 10:15. We spent quite a bit of time at the souvenier stand trying to figure out what Emma wanted. She really wanted the umbrella, but it was expensive and I couldn't see spending $40 on an umbrella, especially when she has been so snotty with us lately. She got a very cute shirt that says "Practically Perfect" and a tote bag that says "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (hope I spelled that right). She was very happy with her purchase in the end.
- We got home just before midnight. Emma ate pasta because she was hungry again and then went to sleep very quickly.
- Ethan was in his own bed when we got home, but wandered to our bed before I went to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool. What your doing cuz, Lol my kitchen looks like that after i'm done cooking dinner or baking. making the mess is the fun part. Not the clean up.. Take care.
Your cuz,
Christina

P.S. I don't have a google acct: putting Anonymous.

Unknown said...

i love how you have your photos in a collage & send some of that 77 degree weather here...it's hot in the 90's for us. great day in pictures!