July 31, 2011

week in the life - day 6

I kept 23 photos for day 6.

Very few pictures today. So busy cleaning and preparing for our guests and then who knows what happened once they were here.

Saturday, July 30
Photobucket
1) Wow, I woke up a whole hour earlier just because I had to get the house ready for company. Total sarcasm here. 2) By the time I got up Daniel had mowed the lawn, pulled weeds in back and in front and was watering the plants. These lavender plants are looking really good in the last couple weeks. 3) Daniel out back watering the tomato plants with recycled water he saves while cleaning the pool and other things in the backyard. 4) Speaking of "recycle", our recycle bin in the kitchen fills up and overflows in a short day or two. It's amazing how little regular trash we have for the week and how much recyclable trash we collect. 5) Emma had pizza for breakfast today. 6) Laundry day. 7) Ethan entertained himself with a puzzle while we readied the house for company. 8) 1:47pm - Ready for our guests. Daniel enjoyed a little bit of down time with his remote control helicopter. 9) 4:48pm - Our guests arrived after four and the kids immediately got to playing. It was awesome.
Photobucket
10) The girls went right into Emma's room and we practically forgot about them, they were so quiet. 11) They drew pictures, which I hope I can still find because I'd love to save them. 12) Instant friends. 13) The kids ate first and then we were eating around 7pm. 14) What a pleasure having these friends in our house. 15) My bedtime. Early, huh?

More details about our day:
- Emma did indeed go swimming again today.
- Daniel barbecued his wonderful roast with his special seasoning. Felicita's parents had no idea what he was barbecuing. We joked that it was small road-kill.
- On the menu: Roast beef and chicken sandwiches - both with melted provolone cheese on buttered bread with light garlic salt, toasted. Potatoes done on the grill, corn on the cob, baked beans, potato chips and hot dogs (for the kids),fresh watermelon and cantelope. For dessert I made Jerrie's yummy ice cream pie and the kids had popsicles.
- Our friends are here from Canada for the third year in a row. How nice that Felicta's parents came down too. So happy to show them our new house. We will be spending two more days with them and I am so very happy that we did this first because it helped break the ice with the kids. Last year the girls didn't connect until the last night together during dinner. It was very sad and I wished for more time for them. This year Disneyland will be more fun since they won't feel like strangers.
- Daniel and I were so tired last night. Daniel kept nodding off watching TV and I even went to bed early.

No comments: