May 21, 2009

"I Love Ballet" | dance recital part 1

Emma's first year in dance. Five years old.

Recital? Performing in front of people? Wearing a costume? What does that all mean mommy? She didn't ask me that exact question. But I knew she was feeling it every time I tried to prep her for it. I knew she was just going with the flow because that's what they do at five years old. The only thing that ever sparked any interest was when there would be mention of a costume. We only knew it was going to be gold.

Let me tell you, she was "golden" at her dress rehearsal.

There were three preschool groups this year. Her group was the difficult group. Lots of behavior issues. Emma did incredibly well in class, despite everything else going on around her. I wasn't prepared for her class to do as well as they did on dress rehearsal night. But they were AWESOME.

Photobucket
Emma was AWESOME. And I breathed a huge sigh of relief because yes, I had been worried. I didn't know what she would do up there. I didn't know if she would be shy or embarrassed like she sometimes was in class. I didn't know if she would watch Ms. Judi or look around. I just didn't know.

It had to have been the costume.

What little girl wouldn't have a huge boost of confidence looking this cute?!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

She did almost all her own posing ~
Photobucket

Don't know what that front arm was doing, but I am so proud to see such a confident little girl here.
Photobucket

There was lots of this
Photobucket
as my little model ran all over the place finding new and exciting places to pose for me.

Isn't that tutu too funny? It was supposed to sit at her hips, but it didn't want to stay there so oh well.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I adore this photo. It won't be the one I put on my wall, but this one just speaks to me ~
Photobucket

Ms. Judi would have killed me if she knew Emma was running around like this in her costume. Had to do it. This mommy had to do it. :)

Will be back in a day or two with more from recital night. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Auntie Donna said...

I LOVE THESE!!! She's such a big girl, and OMG soooo beautiful! I'm a proud Auntie! =)

Anonymous said...

Where`s my 2nd medal?