January 28, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (or officially on Wednesday)

But my days last a few hours longer than most, so to me its still Tuesday. Anyway...

1. So about a week ago Ethan did the funniest thing in his sleep... It was about 5am and Emma started whimpering in her sleep so I climbed into bed with her. A couple minutes later Ethan (who is still sleeping with us) roared like a tiger, VERY LOUDLY. I got up to check on him and there were my two boys sleeping soundly. It was just too funny.

2. I get to go on a scrapbooking retreat for a weekend in March. Going off on my own for a whole weekend, who ever heard of such a thing?! And I am so excited. I'm going with two good girlfriends and we are just going to have a great old time, no matter how much we accomplish. But I have already managed to do quite a bit of prepping so I go prepared and ready to work on something. I'll be scrapbooking Daniel's and my two Walt Disney World trips (before kids). I also want to work on starting a Christmas album, but that is secondary. Well, sort of. Heck! Both would get rid of lots of STUFF that I've been saving. Anyway, I'm so excited to go!

3. So I have a little Starbucks confession and really its not just about going, but that my husband doesn't know how often I go. And I'm only talking like maybe two times a week, but that's a lot when you are on a budget. And um, the calories... Two too many. So Emma and I were going to her speech class the other day and I had an empty Starbucks cup in the car which I needed to get rid of before Daniel saw it. We are heading over to the trash bin and Emma says, "Mommy, why did you drink all of that and not share with Daddy? Mommy, you are supposed to share with Daddy." Oh my gosh! I really didn't know what to say to that and all I could think about was when she was going to start snitching on me. Unless one of you snitches on me first... Or better yet, maybe my husband will actually read my blog! Yikes!

4. My son has lots of new words these days. Just speaking a ton, though not really in complete sentences and his words are very often shortened. Like "yog" for yogurt and "choc" for chocolate milk. But one of his latest is "crack" for crackers. Pretty funny (or not!) to hear your son say, "I wan' crack, I wan' crack".

5. Inauguration Day. I was pretty excited to watch. Got up early so I could see how the whole morning played out. It was interesting. We definitely have a lot to be grateful for and I believe a lot to be proud of. And I was watching with an open heart and mind. Enjoying the moment and thankful for the experience of that moment. But the most moving part for me was watching George Bush get into that helicopter and fly off. I had tears in my eyes. I like the man. He is a good man with a good heart. With good intentions. I believe he did the best job he could do, especially under the circumstances. I felt a lot of sadness for him as I watched him fly off. And I also felt relief for him. I don't think many of you reading will share these same feelings. And I'm not a very politically minded person. But that truly was the most moving part of the day for me.

6. Facebook. Seriously. I just got on Facebook and I know that is probably like a big shock to many since apparently EVERYBODY you have ever known in your whole entire life is already there. Exaggeration. But really, its just crazy. And its one more thing to keep me from working and getting other stuff done. Talk about a big distraction. But cool too. Very cool.

7. Been on a Felicity kick lately and just recently watched the whole first season during my late nights working. One of my all-time favorite shows. The perfect cast, great acting, witty, clever, engaging. I'll giggle and laugh out loud to myself because I just can't help it. And Noel. Seriously Felicity, Ben? When you could have Noel? Seriously?

8. Our daughter is turning into a video game junkie. Yep, she takes after somebody around here... She's currently hooked on a Barbie game. Tuesday is our one free day. Don't have to be anywhere, do anything, can just stay home all day if we want to. Well, free day for the kids and I because Daniel is working. Anyway, today Emma wakes up like at 7am (okay, this is about 2-3 hours early for her) and comes into our room. I thought she was going to get in bed with us so instead I quickly get up thinking we would be going back to her bed. Oh no, little miss chatty kathy starts going on and on about Barbie and the horses and finding the foals, and "mommy, can you bring me my blanket too?" Seriously? At 7am?

9. And speaking of video games and Emma, her favorite part about any game is changing the character's clothes. DAILY, she gets on the Wii just to change her look. She changes her hair style and her clothes. DAILY. Sometimes she changes the rest of us too so its always a surprise when you get on and don't recognize yourself. With the Disney Princess game she doesn't care about saving her games - she starts over from the beginning every time she plays. Because then she gets to start fresh, in a whole new outfit, new hair, new skin color. Its crazy. And she will go back several times during the game to make little changes (or big ones!). Same with Barbie... She loves going to the "dressing room" and trying on everything in Barbie's wardrobe. One day she was playing the game, about to rescue a foal or something and it told her that she just unlocked a new outfit in her wardrobe. Well forget about rescuing the foal. She had to head back to the stables right then and there to see her new outfit!

10. I don't have a tenth. No, not today, or tonight. In fact, my tenth should be to say good night because it is now almost 2am and I am ready to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Debbie, that was so much fun to read! Okay, now I must try a Ten on Tuesday...but maybe it won't be Tuesday, because I don't think I can get the timing right. And I can't wait for that retreat, either!

karibates said...

I wanna retreat! How fun!

I love what you wrote about President Bush, and I agree. Something so sad about being a good hearted man and doing the best that you know how to do at the most difficult job in the world, and to have it end like it did for him. I wonder, is it easier for him to relax now, or harder, because he knows what is out there, and he can't do anything about it anymore?

Seriously good to hear from you on here (like I should talk - I never update my blog)