January 17, 2008

Mr. 40D and me

So Mr. 40D did finally get sent in to Canon. Got it back on Tuesday. I was told, "...It was found that the adjustment of the pcb assembly was incorrect causing soft focus from time to time. Electrical adjustments were carried out on the pcb assemly. Other electrical adjustments and inspection and cleaning were carried out." Daniel's translation for pcb assembly is circuit board. Connections were not being made properly.

I don't know. I think the darn thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm still not liking it much. Yes, I am getting some sharper photos at higher f/stops. It can be achieved. But it takes a lot. My XT does sooooo much better. But I did notice something interesting today which I will post on a message board tomorrow to see what others think, as well as write to Canon about - I don't feel it is registering light very well. I was kind of getting frustrated today when I was in a perfectly lighted room and yet my shutter speed seemed slower than it should have been. I kept having this feeling of how it doesn't capture movement very well which of course is all about shutter speed. But come on, I can capture movement with my XT okay. Then I did a test. I used the same settings for both cameras, had them both on AV mode and took the same photo of a stationary object, using the same lens. My XT was giving me a faster shutter speed. How could this be? So more testing tomorrow.

Man, why didn't I just buy the 5D like I wanted to in the first place? Of course Daniel tells me I could have gotten a lemon there too, but still! Okay, enough griping about Mr. 40D. The last two photos on my 2008 Photo of the Day blog, were taken with Mr. 40D. Every once in a while it gives in.

Have to share some cute photos of Ethan... This is his little hiding spot lately, between the two couches. He likes to climb in and hang out there. Sometimes he does his "business" there too. Emma did the same thing, on both counts. But mostly he just likes to hang out.
Photobucket

And this is how he climbs out:
Photobucket
It is too funny to watch! Seriously, I need to get it on video too.

No comments: