January 18, 2008

I finally found the nerve...

to sign up for a photography workshop! I am so excited! And nervous. And anxious. But you know, I am never going to continue to grow if I don't start putting myself out there. I am a self-taught photographer and I feel like I have reached a point where I don't know where else to go. And believe me, I know there is a LONG way to go. But I must turn elsewhere to get there.

I signed up for the online mentoring program being offered by Daniela Berkhout. It begins at the end of January and will last eight weeks. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I'm especially excited about learning from her. When I first started to get serious about my photography, I found Two Peas in a Bucket, which is a photography board. It's also a scrapbooking board and I think that's how I first stumbled on it... Anyway, the first photographer that really jumped out at me was Daniela. I poured over her work, absolutely blown away by her talent and her captures. She is AMAZING. And her black/whites are gorgeous.

I can't tell you how much this means to me, to step out and try something new. To admit that I don't know LOTS. To meet new people and hopefully make some friends. And I love that this is happening in January. It's a good way to start off the new year.

Well, I can't help but share a photo before I go. This one didn't make the cut for my Photo of the Day Blog so I'll show it here instead! Why not? :) Such a cute little stinker of mine.
Photobucket
Literally. It was quite necessary to throw him in the tub mid-day. He's laughing at Emma in between blowing raspberries and spitting all over the joint. I'd say the tub is a good place for that! And when is this guy going to make an appointment with his barber?

Thanks for letting me share. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

What a coincidence, I too was inspired early on by Daniella. Her work really got be wanting to work on my bw conversions. So fun for you to take her workshop. I'm sure you'll love it!