May 11, 2007

Hard to come by

My daughter. People think that photos of her are easy to come by. "She's so photogenic", "She doesn't look like she gives you a hard time", "She doesn't like having her photo taken?" Seriously guys, she's the hardest child EVER to take photos of. And I don't mean that I never get them. I realize that I have some very nice ones of my daughter. But they are hard as heck to get! It's usually out of a couple hundred I take in one shot, I might get a few keepers. I'll admit today was better. I think I maybe took twenty. But I had some help.

First of all, we had her hair cut and styled today. It was the first time we went to a kids' place for hair cuts and she did so well. I would say she LOVED it in fact. I could just see it all over her face that she liked being fussed over and I think she liked being made to feel pretty. Don't we all? But a child grins from ear to ear about it. I should have taken pictures while she was sitting there because it was just too cute. I also have to add here that my daughter can come off as the most well-behaved child ever, which she definitely did today. The hairdresser commented a couple times about what a good girl she is and yes I was proud that she was doing so well, but I was also thinking, "If only you knew..." But that's a whole other blog entry! :)

Okay, and secondly, I had to bribe her with a sucker. Seriously. I had to wave it around and keep reminding her of it. And I guess it worked.

Anyway, lighting wasn't perfect and her cheek and dress are blown out, but I take what I can get. If I had waited till later, the hair surely wouldn't look the same. And I was pretty darn smart about that because she's sleeping now... We all know what that does to hair!

This last one is my favorite, and of course, it's a bit soft, but oh well. It is what it is!

3 comments:

Tina said...

LOVEN that hair style on her, she is so stinken cute!! I so hear you about getting the perfect photos and really having to work for them ;) These are really great shots!!
Tina

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is .. I am so happy you got some good shots!! These are awsome .. I have to say your colors look pretty darn good .. Great shots Debbie!!

Shelley said...

So cute! Love the second to last one with her big grin and dipples.