
I can never go into Costco now without going down the aisle where they have scrapbook supplies. Especially if my husband isn't with me. :) So yesterday I found this pack of paper that I decided I had to have. I love paper, although I do have a problem with not using it up because it's just so pretty!
I have not allowed myself to even think about scrapbooking for months now. Just no time. I can barely keep up with daily life and my photography. I was almost thinking that maybe I would never have time to scrapbook again. Seriously. And I miss all my scrapbooking friends - they're not really "friends" as in I know them and they know me. There are certain scrapbooking "celebrity" type people who write for the magazine I get (Creating Keepsakes) that I really miss. Becky Higgins... What is she up to these days? And Ali Edwards... I watch her blog, but haven't read an article by her in ages. Every month, my magazine comes to my door faithfully. And sadly, it gets put in a pile on my desk. I barely open them these days because why frustrate myself with looking at something that I just can't do right now.
But then my good friend Michelle asked if we could scrapbook an Easter layout... She has never scrapbooked before, but has finally decided that she at least needs to do holiday pages for her kids. And my heart leaped! Can I manage to do a page every now and then, even if it's just for the holidays?... The next day I'm at Costco and I buy a pack of paper. I'm so excited!!! It wasn't really about the paper so much - I just needed the splurge, something "new" to be energized by.
I'm currently caught up with proofing sessions, my birthday is coming up, and I'm determined to work on family photos. Yeaaaa me!

1 comment:
I have the same problem of buying paper because I love it, but then I hate to use it up. Good for you for doing something for yourself.
Post a Comment