July 15, 2010

ten

1. It felt like it took us a while to get into a normal summer routine around here. Our camping trip, Daniel taking extra time off and then 4th of July were very consuming and happened immediately after school was out. Last week we finally started to settle and this week was the first week of swim lessons. I love sleeping in (till 9 usually) and not worrying too much about bedtimes.

2. The first week of swim is over and one week left for this session. Emma is loving it; Ethan is enduring it. Both are making progress and I am very proud of both of them. I've decided to sign Emma up for another two week session, but not Ethan. I think two weeks of torture is enough for him (and me) and made for a good start. Next year he'll be a year older and we'll give it another go.

3. If you live in Southern California you can blame me for the sudden hot weather this week. I hoped and prayed for it because swim class is at 10:30 in the morning and the way we were going for the last two weeks, with especially cool temps in the morning, I was worried about it being too cold in an unheated pool. I needed as much in Ethan's favor as possible.

4. As soon as I finished reading Twilight I watched the movie. I was extremely disappointed. The whole feel of the movie was off with its weird coloring and music that reminded me of a B rated movie. The acting was just okay. The scenes that were added and of course others that were changed bothered me big time, as is usual when you have read the book. Worst of all was the horrible bright lipstick Edward wore and his ghastly face. I mean, did they really need to make them up so much? I didn't plan on ever watching it again.

Yeah, I've watched it at least 6 more times since then. And I'm ashamed to admit that its grown on me. I would never say I love it though. At least it has kept me at bay while waiting to read and watch New Moon.

5. New Moon. I swore I wouldn't pick up the book till I was finished proofing and doing all work-related tasks this month. But I couldn't help it. I started reading it a couple days ago and I finished last night. I loved it. And Edward is back, yeaaaaa! Wow, I missed him too Bella. :) Next up, the movie. I'm sure I'm setting myself up for disappointment yet again.

6. Do your kids ever speak in "opera"? Do you know what I mean by that? Yesterday my kids were playing behind me in the living room and they were talking to each other in song. It was the strangest yet cutest thing ever.

7. I was out running errands on Monday afternoon with the kids when I suddenly realized that we haven't had a stroller in the back of our car in months. Months. I can't even remember the last time we might have used one. Weird.

8. I am constantly running out of space on my computer. Not more than a month or two ago I burned a whole year's worth of photos and you would think I would be good for awhile. But instead its a daily task for me to make room for new photos. And if you only knew how many gigs of space I have on my computer. Its ridiculous. I still haven't uploaded all our 4th of July photos.

9. I am really disappointed in myself this month. By some miracle I only have one session scheduled for the month. Which I am great with by the way. And I thought that I could spend most of this month working on our family photos - processing, printing, getting layouts ready to take to my upcoming scrapbooking retreat in October. Sadly, I just finished proofing June's sessions yesterday and I still have a ton of projects and orders to work on. Please believe me when I say I am not complaining about having work. It's not that. But I was really looking forward to working on family photos. They are neglected in the worst way.

10. We are in escrow on a house... But I say that carefully because the house we are in escrow on is a short sale and we're still waiting for an approval by the bank for the amount we offered. We want to be excited, but we can't be quite yet. If its meant to be, its meant to be.

No comments: