In the meanwhile, I have these recent Emma photos... Before and after photos, so to speak. You'll see what I mean.
So these were taken about mid September as soon as we got home from getting her hair trimmed. Her hair came out so cute. It's been so exciting watching her hair FINALLY grow and her longer hair was really quite pretty on her.




Yes, I said "was".
We found this in the trash a couple weeks later:

My husband found it in the bedroom trash the day after returning from a business trip. He recognized it to be Emma's hair and I was shocked. It was sitting there in the trash as plain as day, but I hadn't noticed it, and for how long? He had been gone for almost four days. And I got to thinking about it and how there were a couple days while doing her hair that I thought the front sides looked sorta whispy and uneven. It just didn't click with me.
Apparently her first trim wasn't enough and she needed more.
Her school photos were coming up (yeah, don't ask why I purchase those), and her birthday party was a week away. We had to cut it short. So I took her in a couple days before her birthday and a funny thing happened. When the lady made those first long snips it hurt me to see that beautiful long hair fall to the ground. Just made me so sad. Then by the time she was done I was surprised to find myself liking it. By the time we got home I was loving it. We all loved it.
Her new "do" absolutely suits her spirited little self:



I guess she knew what she was doing! Although I don't suspect she will cut her hair again any time soon. :)
2 comments:
Accidental cutting of the hair follows closely behind teeth getting knocked out in my book of vain motherly fears : ) But, your little Emma looks ADORABLE with her new hair cut!
So sassy! I love it! My middle daughter had super long hair in kindergarten, but she would always cry when we brushed it. So very reluctantly I let her cut it all off (she donated it to locks of love) and I LOVED it short. Now she is growing it again.
Post a Comment