October 3, 2008

five years ago...

It is 1:43am and although I promise I am on my way to bed, I couldn't let this moment pass without mentioning that five years ago, right now, I was lying in a hospital bed, awaiting the birth of our first baby. About now I was just settled in our room, contractions getting stronger, not knowing what was ahead of me physically, but anticipating the joy that was sure to come. Boy or girl, Ethan or Emma, by God's grace and love, we would be holding our baby in less than a day.

I will never forget my husband telling me that she was a girl or him telling me "She is perfect." I will never forget the first moment I saw her. I will never forget how beautiful she was in our first moments together.

I can't believe that our little girl is about to turn five years old. This is hitting me hard. I love her so much. I look forward to hugging her in the morning when she wakes up and just looking at that beautiful little face, remembering the first time, but loving the now even more.

No comments: