May 22, 2008

It was my family's turn...

One of the MANY things that I have failed to share with you is that my family has been gearing up for our own family photo session with a photographer I found last year. We booked her in January and have anxiously been waiting for our session ever since. Her name is Carey Schumacher with San Diego Barefoot Memories. She is a master at outdoor beach photography and just this awesome helpful person besides.

All I wanted for our tenth wedding anniversary last year (it was 10 last September) was family photos. Nice family photos. Photos that involved all four of us and not just three (if you get the picture) and some photos of just Daniel and I. Sometimes (okay, lots of times) it really breaks my heart that I can capture memories for other people that I can't capture for myself. Why skimp out on my own family? I was on a mission to find a local photographer whose work really spoke to me. When I found Carey's article in a Rangefinder Magazine last year, and then checked out her site, I knew I had found who I was looking for.

Our session was last Sunday and we made a little weekend of it in San Diego. Those who know us well, know that we go to San Diego for short get-aways about 3 or 4 times a year. Another reason why using a San Diego photographer seemed very fitting for us. In the last couple weeks while gearing up for this, I suddenly became this regular non-photographer person, worrying about clothes, hair, wondering if the kids would cooperate, etc. Even almost stressing about it. And on top of all that, have just been super super excited. I now fully realize how my clients feel in anticipation of their session.

And for the most part it all worked out. The exception was that Emma started to not feel well the day before. You could see it in her eyes. They were sort of glazed over and she just wasn't right. She did okay for the beginning of our session and then pooped out fast. We could have just laid her on the beach and she would have fallen asleep. It was disappointing to me, but just sad too that she didn't even enjoy it. We discovered later that day that she had a fever and that continued for the next couple days. Oh well. But Carey did an awesome job and caught some great moments of our family. You probably wouldn't even know that Emma wasn't feeling well if I hadn't just told you.

Okay okay, without further ado (did I spell that right?), HERE is a link to Carey's blog that she just posted today (posted May 22nd). Wow, it's so cool to be on her blog! Such an honor! Close family and friends, I will email you the link to see our full gallery and anyone else who may want to see it, let me know.

Carey, if you happen to read this, and I know you are super super busy right now, thank you so much for capturing such special moments of and for my family. You are an incredibly talented lady with such a big heart. Thanks for being so giving. God bless you always.

(One of my favorites:)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Caits said...

What great photos! You guys look too cute!

Ooh she's doing a workshop with MeRa???? Color me jealous!

Natalie said...

That last picture where you are smiling and Daniel's face is right against yours going in for a kiss just made me want to cry. The photos are great and your family is beautiful.