June 12, 2007

I've been tagged!

... by Julie to list 5 reasons why I blog. Okay, so let's see...

I blog because:

1. It's interactive. Unlike before when I just had a personal website where I only posted photos, blogging allows readers (friends and strangers alike) to comment on what I share.

2. I like that it's personal. It's about me and my life as a whole - a place where I can mix business with pleasure, so to speak. I like that I can share those places where I find my inspiration. And I love that I can share photos from my personal life and my professional life because both are very meaningful to me... and that idea ties in with number three...

3. I like that there is a place where my clients can see Debbie Lee the person and not just the photographer. I am flattered when I am told that someone likes my photos and is interested in booking a session. I am even more flattered when I hear that someone was making nice comments about me as a person, aside from my photography. I'm a real person. I'm a parent. I hope that my blog will give a little more insight into who I am. I'm not afraid to get personal. :)

4. I like that there's a community of bloggers. That we read each other's blogs and support each other. I wish I had a bigger voice in that community, but I'm trying. It's hard for me. I'm a quiet person by nature. I sooo appreciate when I know that other photography people who share this passion with me are looking on and supporting me too. I'm realizing that I really really need that.

5. "I blog because" I love to share with you! You, meaning whoever you are, friend, family, peer, stranger, client. Thank you to those of you who are looking on and allowing me to share my life.

Seriously Julie, thanks for tagging me! :) I thought it would be hard to come up with five reasons, but truly, I think I was having a harder time just trying to separate all my thoughts into five clear reasons.

Okay, not many of you know me out there, but I'm going to tag you anyway... Noel, Brenda, Lyndsay, & Tina. I'm supposed to tag five, but seriously, the shy Debbie is afraid to tag someone else who might ask "and who is Debbie?".

1 comment:

Noel said...

Hey Debbie, thanks for the tag! Great list, and I'll get on mine soon. I've been editing wedding pics like crazy and haven't had much extra time. Your story about your mom is very touching, I'm sorry you lost her already.