May 26, 2010

today's ten

1. I suck at blogging. I really do. And it makes me sad. It's something I want to do and think about doing all the time, but something holds me back from just letting go and doing it. From making it habit. I found a stack of random lists on my desk of things to blog about that are at least a couple months old. Oh well.

2. But I'm rocking my photo-of-the-day blog and Project Life album! I took that project on at the beginning of the year telling myself that if I do nothing else with my photos this year, but at least keep up with Project Life, I would be happy. Once a month I go to a crop night and I catch up with a month's worth of photos in the album. I am up to date through mid-May and I LOVE it.

3. We are still lost in LOST. There are things, lots of things, we don't understand in the wrap-up. Not everything was explained - there were too many loose ends that I'm sure they didn't know what to do with. My husband and I agonized over the finale for at least two days and we're still talking about it. He has had a harder time than I with letting it go. At first he was mad - mad that they didn't explain everything. Together we have been working out the story, coming to our own conclusions, and beginning to accept the way it ended. Now I think he's mourning it. He keeps bringing up how sad it is that they all died. How it was such a waste that they were on that island, etc. I don't quite feel that way. They found much more on that horrible island then they would have if they had made it back home. They found love and friendship which brought meaning to their lives. It wasn't a waste. Ending this story is like reading a good book that you can't put down but are oh so sad to end once you get to that last page.

4. Like I said, we are still lost in LOST... We were really bummed that it wasn't on last night. We miss it already.

5. My aunt Socorro is going to pass away any day now. The kids and I went to see her on Monday to say our good-byes. I feel grateful that I could be there, sharing those last moments with her. This is the first aunt or uncle to go since my mom died 13 years ago. It was hard and I feel for her kids. I've been there. I know how hard it is to watch someone go. Sadly, I know the other side of it too and the worst is yet to come for them. My prayers go to all of them. May they find peace and joy in these last moments with their mom.

6. Emma had her dance recital last weekend and it was really great. She has come a long way even since last year and I am very proud of her. Can't wait to share photos.

7. Speaking of photos, I'm currently backing up our family photos. I always feel so good when I catch up on this task! And I'm not done yet. Unfortunately, I wait too long in between and I need to get on a better schedule because you just never know what might happen. In case anyone is wondering what I do with the thousands upon thousands of photos that I take... I burn two sets of DVDs - one set stays at home and the other set is stored at a friend's house. I also back up to an external harddrive. The external is what I use to easily access my files because its all in one place. But if that is ever stolen, then I have a set on DVD.

8. I can't believe the school year is almost over. I don't want Kindergarten to be over. That means my little girl will be on the big playground next year. It means I have to let go just a little bit more. It means she's growing up. I have a love/hate relationship with that concept.

9. One of my very favorite photographers, Erin Cobb, just announced she will be in SoCal next year. I would LOVE to have her photograph my family, especially at this time in our lives as a young family. And to meet her in person would be awesome.

10. And I can't think of a tenth. How sad. But at least I blogged. I'll be happy about that! :)

No comments: