January 5, 2010

the month of Christmas

I don't feel right blogging for 2010 until I cover the month of December. So here goes our December in photos:

Photobucket
The kids were so helpful with decorating the tree this year. They really got into it, I think for the first time. Emma just couldn't wait. And it got a little chaotic. Daniel was really annoyed that all the ornaments were being hung in the same spots on the tree and I assured him that I would "fix it" after the kids went to bed that night... Well, you know what, it never did get fixed and I was really okay with it. :)

Photobucket
Autumn had her first Christmas program at preschool... Sadly, we were too late getting there and we missed the program entirely. The place was so packed we couldn't even get a glimpse of the kids. But hopefully Autumn didn't really figure that out and we did give her lots of love afterwards. She was a sheep, hence the blackened nose... What a cutie she is!

Photobucket
Our Christmas cards are always the last I work on at this time of year. The kids and I went to Downtown Disney and all in all, we did a good job of getting some cute and "use-able" shots. Photobucket Of course I use bribery to its fullest power. Photobucket And I think this was the only pic taken of me through the whole month of December. Photobucket

These were taken in Emma's classroom on the last day of school before Winter break. They are not allowed to have official class parties so her teacher compensates with crafts they can eat. Photobucket Photobucket
My new friend Kerri took Ethan to her daughter's preschool for the morning - he had a great time and I was so grateful for the chance to help in Emma's class.
Photobucket


Photobucket
I think we have begun a new tradition of going out to look at Christmas lights. We found an awesome place and I'm sure we will go back again and again. Photobucket

I love that I finally got such a nice photo of Dennis, Jerrie and the kids.
Photobucket
It just makes me so happy and I can't wait to put it in a frame.

Finally, Christmas...
It first began with tracking Santa on Christmas Eve. Photobucket I will never forget Emma's reaction when I explained how this worked. She looked at me for a second and then kind of worried me because she looked like she was contemplating the validity of the idea of tracking Santa. And then she said "Whoa.", and was hooked. Photobucket

Photobucket It was all about the dinosaurs this year for Ethan. Score for Albert and his bucket of dinosaurs!

Photobucket This kid doesn't miss a beat!

The kids made out like bandits ~
Photobucket

Photobucket
But it's a good thing Emma had something more on her list than her two front teeth, huh? Santa just couldn't deliver that one I guess. :)

Photobucket


Okay, NOW I feel like I can move on. Whew! :) Take care folks and have a great week!

4 comments:

sherri said...

Oh my gosh, you put me to shame. You captured the month just beautifully! Lovely lovely lovely! Makes me wish I was there. :)

Natalie said...

Oh my, beautiful photos. I feel like I was with you guys...but then I realize that I wasn't and then it makes me WANT to be with you all for the months of December. (: Does that make sense? Your kids are beautiful and so grown up! Loves!

~Amy said...

I just read your comment on Becky's blog! Just had to comment on your blog as that is exactly how I feel! I was also hoping to add some full layouts and more photos in between! BTW...your photos are beautiful :)

Always in Love said...

I love that place for lights. It is so beautiful! I am a Christmas light junkie. And the shot of you is the most clever shot. It was a fun end to a year. enjoy your time off. I am going to make an effort to do lunch with you if you can squeeze me in your off time :) You are really evolving some more with your beautiful pics. nice.