So our October in pictures:
1. Back to School Night ~

Daniel and I had a great time learning about what goes on in Emma's classroom. We just love her teacher. Much was explained about the random things Emma talks about at home. Such as, why she suddenly loves green apples. :)
2. Emma's birthday was half celebrated a day early.

We picked her up from school and went to lunch at John's Incredible Pizza. That night we did the whole cake and gift thing since we weren't planning on being home for her actual birthday.
3. I can't believe Emma turned six!

You guessed it - we spent the day at Disneyland on her actual birthday.

(Her first time on Thunder Mountain was a hit!)
The day ended much sooner than we anticipated because our little birthday girl was a bit too interested in going home and playing her new DS... BIG mistake in giving that to her the day before. Can you imagine not really wanting to be at Disneyland because you'd rather play games? I was bummed because I thought it would be fun for her to see Fantasmic for the first time, but oh well. I'm over it.
4. Bailey Family Reunion in Ventura ~
For the first time in years we saw everyone on my dad's side for a sort of family reunion, but really anniversary party for my aunt and uncle. We made the trek out to Ventura the day after Emma's birthday and aside from being almost unbearably windy, it was a lot of fun seeing everyone in one place. My cousin's family from Hawaii was in town and my other cousin and her husband was here from New York. It was awesome and well worth the wind blown hair and allergies that followed me for a week.
They played a couple games which of course I got out of by taking photos instead... This particular game was played by most of the adults, but I find it more appropriate (though maybe not as funny) only sharing photos of the kids hopping around with a potato between their legs.



5. Emma's school fall carnival ~

This is also how we now have a pet fish ~

Her name is Gloria. (This fish deserves a post of "her" own at some point...)


6. Our toothless-wonder ~
I know I already shared a gang of similar pics, but it WAS a big October event for us this year and she's just so darn cute!

7. Pumpkin Patch outing ~
Maybe my favorite photo to date of the kids and I.

This is my favorite outing of the season. I love watching the kids and remembering how they have grown through the years.

And I love that they experience it differently with each new year.


As much as I miss my babies actually being babies, I will admit that its nice to not have to carry them (or at least very minimally) through this outting anymore. Whew!
8. Halloween Parade ~
Every year Emma's school does a Halloween parade where the kids come dressed up and class by class they parade around the blacktop. How cool is that? And they played the best music!

This first pic was taken as the kids were heading out to the blacktop and I love her expression here... like a sly little cat! The second pic was taken in the classroom... What a cute idea, huh?
(Just for the sake of remembering this little detail later down the road... When she made it around to where we were standing for the parade, Emma was so anxious to ask us if she could watch Ghostbusters when she got home. I couldn't even get a decent smile or expression out of her because she was so concerned with asking us that. They were playing that particular song as she was parading. It got a good chuckle out of the rest of the crowd because she pretty much asked everyone, she was so loud.)
9. Our dude has added winking to his list of charms.

Definitely worth documenting for the month.
10. And finally, Halloween.
I wish Halloween could always land on a Saturday.

Per tradition, we spent the evening at the home of our best friends... The twice baked potato soup in a bread bowl was super delish!

ROAAAARRR! Ethan's dinosaur costume was a hit and it was so darn cute watching him trick or treat. And I think Daniel's dinosaur carving is my favorite so far.

This kid is ALL about the candy. The last shot of the night - the big kids trading up their candy while all cute and snuggly on the couch.
There is nothing like good friends to share fun holidays with.
And with that, October is a wrap!
1 comment:
They are so cute!
Post a Comment