August 15, 2008

Big Bear - Day 1

I finally just put work stuff aside and started working on some Big Bear photos from a couple weeks ago...

Photobucket

So Daniel's company has company meetings twice a year and sometimes they get to meet in fun places like this year, in Big Bear. I originally had no intention to go with him. It was just too long to be away from work when I knew I would be very busy and I also didn't know what I would do with the kids on my own for five-ish days. I WILL NOT go hiking or the like by myself. But last minute, I decided to meet up with him half way into his trip. I actually drove up to Big Bear by myself which if anyone knows me and knows my strong dislike for driving, (not to mention the anxiety it causes me), then you would know that was HUGE for me to do by myself. I did pretty well in fact. The kids were great for the ride and it really was okay.

So day 1 (for us) had us meeting Daniel and his co-workers at a regional park where they were doing some team-building excercises and then having a picnic dinner. Here are a couple pics I took of his co-workers "team-building":

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nothing spectacular, but I did have fun trying to catch the sun. I wish I could've gotten more of his co-workers, but you know, its just really hard to watch the kids and take photos of other people. Anyone else feel that way? At least when I'm trying to take shots of my kids I have my "eye" on them, so to speak.

After dinner we went for a little hike along the water. It was getting pretty dark by then and photos were a bit of a challenge for me, but this one makes me happy:
Photobucket
We have a photo of Daniel and Emma walking along the beach when she was maybe two. I would love to scrapbook those photos side by side one day.

And almost all of my photos of Ethan share this same theme... All that comes to mind is the "Pokey Little Puppy". That is Ethan in a nutshell.
Photobucket

He is so darn pokey! Dawdles. Looks at this and that. Watches bugs. Cracks me up. And sometimes annoys me too because "c'mon already!". But he's a doll and I just love this little guy to pieces.

I just remembered something that although I don't have a photo of this moment, I want to write it down now while I'm thinking about it... On the way to our little hike we passed some guys toting their kayaks (sp?), obviously coming in for the day. They put down their kayaks for a bit of a break and here comes along our curious Ethan. He gets right in the middle of it and when the guys pick up their kayaks again Ethan tries to help them. He has his hands underneath the kayak, grunting, really putting his back into it. Absolutely cracks everyone up. Why I didn't take a picture of this, I don't know because I probably could have swinged a decent shot. Anyway, so we shoo him out of their way and then, our cutest little boy in the world son puckers up his lips towards one of the guys for a kiss. No one really knows what he is doing, but his mamma knows. His mamma is lucky enough every once in a while to get that sweet little face in hers, with lips all puckered and cute. How these guys could resist, I don't know, but of course I was there to move him along. It was so dang cute I tell ya!

Okay, so back to a couple more photos... These were taken by one of Daniel's co-workers for which I am grateful to have.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And yes, that's me sporting my super-duper back-breaking new lens. THAT I LOVE, I might add. It is a killer on the arm though. And I'm sure someone out there is looking at this photo thinking that I'm carrying this lens incorrectly. Seriously, awesome lens, but very awkward to haul around too. Woe is me. :)

Well folks, that its for day 1. I'll get cracking on the next round soon. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: