
The younger preschool class were sheep and they sat in the front row; the pre-K class got to wear beautiful costumes and they sort of staged the Christmas story up on the stage (don't know that they were really acting it out much), behind Emma's preschool class. I didn't get many photos showing that Emma was actually singing, but she was. And she also did pretty well with the hand movements that went along with the songs.

I should also mention that the cute little boy she is sitting next to is one of two friends that I hear lots about at home. They seem to play well together and I often will hear him greet her in the mornings which always brings a smile to my face. (I would like to have posted more photos of the larger picture, but I'm not comfortable with putting all those kids on my blog... I did ask Mr. L's parents if I could post these two photos... I think this is going to be quite the challenge for me as the years go on and the kids are involved in extra-curricular activities.)
The songs they sang were "O Little Town of Bethlehem", "Away in a Manger", "What Shall I Give Him", and "Happy Birthday Jesus". We were sent home with a CD of the songs about a month in advance so we could practice at home. We practiced in the car, usually on the way to school, and it was kind of fun. Her favorites were "Away in a Manger", which was so cute to watch her do the hand movements to, and "Happy Birthday Jesus". I think these two songs really brought the message of the Christmas story home to her and this was an amazing thing to witness. Throughout the season, she's been telling me about the baby Jesus and how it is His birthday. It's been awesome. How crazy that everything is clicking with her this holiday - the meaning of Christmas, in a very basic way of course, and the whole Santa thing, as well as gift-giving.
People who came to see Emma's first ever performance:
Grandpa -

I love how she so easily goes to her grandpa and automatically will hug him. It means the world to him.
Jerrie and Dennis -


Yep, Ethan was only interested in the sparkly things hanging from the ceiling.
And of course her parents -



We were/are so proud of our daughter.
A couple last notes, so as to not forget them later: When she first entered the room and was seated, I could clearly hear her say, as she very intensely looked around, "Where's my mommy?". She looked relieved to find me and it so reminded me of my own perfoming days when I'd be looking around for my family. My last note to self is not to forget how just as the program was starting, my daughter adjusted her dress so the dress was pulled all the way to her underwear and how nice for the audience that she was sitting so unlady-like for the whole program. Mom was mortified. But she's only four, right? It's okay. I just keep telling myself that it's really okay. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment